Spreeha, originating from Bengali, means hope, intention, and strong desire. Spreeha Foundation, a Washington based 501(c)(3) non-profit organization (EIN: 45-3361624), engages deeply within urban slum communities to establish an atmosphere where the community feels enabled to exercise their rights and responsibilities.
Spreeha strives to break the cycle of poverty for underprivileged people by providing healthcare, education and skills training.
Spreeha envisions life without poverty where underprivileged people are empowered to improve their quality of life.
Spreeha Foundation is guided by the following values:
- Empathy: We deeply integrate within the slum communities, understand the problems and build trust.
- Creativity: We develop creative solutions tailored towards the community.
- Lean Methodology: Our programs consist of small components, which gives us flexibility and agility.
- Continuous Learning: We are always improving our services based on our learning and feedback.
- Partnership: We build strong partnerships with local and international organizations and governments.